Saturday, February 14, 2009
Here it is! Thank you Andrew!!! ^^ I increased the subdivision in the attribute editor and it worked!! I tried 2 at first but the final resolution was still bad... so I tried 3 and only got a good result with 4. The rendering took too long, so I decided to try subdividing the plane first, since it was a huge plane with very few subdivisions. I could, then, decrease the the subdivision of the dispmap to 3 and the result was this one. I didn't know before that the resolution of the mesh would make any difference when using a dispmap. It was a veeeeery important thing I've learned!
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Yeah, I was trying to make some tests with displacement maps, because we just saw it yesterday in class, and it seemed really cool! Altough I ve never been able to do anything with it before, after maaany tries heheheh
I thought it would be good to use a plane with displacement map to do the tiles, that are a really simple texture, instead of making milions of little cubes, that was what I was doing before.
The problem is that the resolution is so poor! I tried to increase the number of polygons in the plane and it didn't make any difference! Than I tried to use the approximation editor, and my tiles disappeared.... O_o
Tsc tsc tsc... Maya is full of tricks!! heheheh
Sunday, February 8, 2009
And Tekila is walking over it! hahahah all of the pets that I've ever had always loved to walk on my drawings. It is not different with her ^_^ Isn't she supercute?
---> Aih vai a Tekilinha dando voltas por cima dos sketches do meu filme novo. Tdos os meus bixitxous sempre adoraram passear nos meus desenhos, e c/ a Tekila naum eh diferente. Ela naum eh lindinha?!?!
Finally I have an ear! Not me, he has. I mean... I've always had 2... well, anyway I'm glad I could've done it, because this was the 1st ear I do without any instructor by my side saying... extrude this, pull this vertex and do this and that. Of course Andrew told me and Victor what to do before we really did it. And here it is!!! =D And now I have the mesh for you to see.
I started unwrapping this guy these days. It was pretty easy to unwrap the head, the arms and legs, but I couldn't unfold the body..... I've cut the edges from the underarms to the hips and also some more edges between the legs. My idea was to unfold it in the shoulder area, but I couldn't avoid a lot of overlapping, so I deleted and I'll try again later.
The cuts i've done in the hands didn't let me really unfold the thumb, and even the other fingers are really a big mess..... and about the feet.... I didn't even know how I could start cutting it!!!!
Well, let's continue trying!
Monday, February 2, 2009
Sunday, February 1, 2009
Here they are!
In the beginning of the process we take a loooooong time to deform each sphere until they look like any muscle. After some practice, it gets easier to deform the spheres and I could focus more on shapes that were wrong, some bumps in the nurbs and strange things like this. I also tried to fix the wrong muscles from the last post. This is what I've got.
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Its been hours that I'm working on these muscles. It's a complex thing and it takes a loooot of time for people that is not used to see people without skin.
I am 1 week later on this assignment, but I'm glad that we had the drawing class and we've been introduced to bones and muscles too. It's really good when the classes talk about the same subject!
Than I remembered that I brought from Brasil the book Anatomy for the artist, and I am looking at the muscles and trying to rebuild them in 3d. After a long time this is what I have....... so I'm going to read about directing because I'm already tired of trying to put all these ctrl vertexes in the right place, and later I come back to work.